Introducing the Silly Meter
Posted by Doctor Surlee on March 6, 2019 at 6:00 PM
Good afternoon, Toons. My name's Doctor Surlee from Loony Labs, and the other Scientoons insisted that I be the one to tell you today's big news. After working tirelessly with the S.I.L.L.I. Team, it's finally time to unveil a device that has been years in the making. Introducing my most exciting invention yet, the new and improved Silly Meter!
When Toontown came together and collected all 2.6 million Silly Particles, this is what we needed them for. Never before has a scientific marvel such as this been attempted, let alone created, in Toontown's original or rewritten history!
What's so impressive about it, you ask? I would just give you my blueprints, but Professor Prepostera suggested passing along this helpful summary for the less scientifically savvy. It outlines how the device works, what affects it, and how to interact with it.
The Silly Meter
The Silly Meter measures all of the silliness throughout Toontown. The more Toon activity going on, the more silly Toontown will be, and the more the Silly Meter will rise! Activities such as throwing a party, playing a round of golf, taking over Cog buildings, and defeating Cogs all generate Silly Points. In fact, practically any activity in Toontown will.
But it’s not all fun and games! The Cogs are stern-faced to silliness, and activity such as Cog Invasions, Cog Buildings and even Cogs roaming the streets will lower the Silliness levels. Fight back against them to keep the Silly Meter high!
As time goes on and the Silliness rises, you’ll begin to notice some wacky happenings throughout our town. By our predictions, the streets will gradually begin to come alive with dancing fire hydrants, juggling trash cans and moving mailboxes.
Once the street props are fully animated, they will even help you in street battles against the Cogs, give you bonus Silly Points, and increase your movement speed when nearby!
The Silly Reader
With the combined efforts of myself and my colleagues at Loony Labs, Toons can track silliness on the fly with a new Shticker Book addition called the Silly Reader! It will update them on Silly Meter status, their own Silly Points, and detailed stats about all of the silliness-generating activity.
Want to get in on the action? Talk to any Scientoon inside Toon Hall and ask them about getting a Silly Reader! You’ll need to have had some experience with silliness already in order to maneuver the device, so you'll need 30 Laff points or a Level 4 gag.
Additionally, due to the large number of Toons that we’re expecting to see, I’ve roped in my colleagues Professor Purrview and Doctor Fumbdound from the C.A.K.E division of Loony Labs to assist with giving out Silly Readers. Make sure to say hello before they leave!
Like many things in life, the silliness of Toontown happens in cycles. The Silly Meter has been designed to go through several phases:
This is the phase where Toons can earn Silly Points and push the Silly Meter to its peak! There is no active reward during this part of the cycle, but the Silly Meter undergoes several transformations to account for rising levels of silliness across Toontown. Make sure to check out Toon Hall every now and then to see the various forms of the Silly Meter emerge!
This phase occurs after the Silly Meter maxes and lasts for a few days. When Toons are able to generate so much silliness that the Silly Meter's capacity can no longer stand it, all of Toontown will receive a special reward for two days! Heightened silly levels do all kinds of wacky and wonderful things to Toontown. You won't want to miss a second of it!
Cool Down Phase
If we kept the Silly Meter running around the clock, it would get so silly that it might just grow legs and walk out the door! The cool down phase allows both the Silly Meter and town-wide silly levels to normalize for about two days. Once the meter has reset and the silly levels have had time to stabilize, the Silly Meter moves once more into the "Active" phase!
Silly Rewards and Silly Teams
Once the Silly Meter reaches its peak, every Toon in Toontown will be rewarded with a Silly Reward! During the active phase of each Silly Cycle, there will be three possible rewards available. There are numerous possible rewards that could appear in a variety of combinations!
The Scientoons are always working on researching new rewards, but for now, here is the entire list of possible Silly Rewards. The first three are the active ones for this first Silly Cycle!
Overjoyed Laff Meters:
A little joy goes a long way! +8 Maximum Laff Points while the Silly Meter is maxed.
Decreased Fish Rarity:
Holy Mackerel! Rare fish are easier to find with this silly perk.
Double your fun (and money) with double jellybeans for all activities!
Speedy Garden Growth:
Make your gardens bloom faster than Daisy's to ramp up your garden experience.
Double Racing Tickets:
Ready, set, GO get Double Tickets at Goofy Speedway! Doesn't apply to Grand Prix races.
Global Teleport Access:
Who needs ToonTasks? Temporarily unlock teleport access to all areas of Toontown!
Doodle Trick Boost:
Jump! Backflip! Dance! Doodles perform tricks more often and earn more experience.
Double Toon-Up Experience:
Earn double experience for Toon-Up gags in all battles!
Double Trap Experience:
Earn double experience for Trap gags in all battles!
Double Lure Experience:
Earn double experience for Lure gags in all battles!
Double Sound Experience:
Earn double experience for Sound gags in all battles!
Double Throw Experience:
Earn double experience for Throw gags in all battles!
Double Squirt Experience:
Earn double experience for Squirt gags in all battles!
Double Drop Experience:
Earn double experience for Drop gags in all battles!
You choose which reward you would like to see in Toontown by joining the Silly Team that corresponds to that reward. By joining a team, each Silly Point you earn will go towards your team’s total. Change your mind about which reward you would like? No problem! You can change your Silly Team allegiance anytime before the Silly Meter maxes via the Shticker Book.
The team with the most points earned at the time the Silly Meter reaches its peak will unlock that reward for everyone in Toontown, even if you don't have a Silly Reader!
Taking Toontown to New heights
Thanks to the blueprints from Doctor Fissionton, the Silly Meter you see today in our town's renovated Toon Hall is capable of tracking more silliness than we had previously imagined. With improvements made to its technical workings across the board, we are able to harness that silliness to bring Toontown spectacular rewards. We in the scientoonfic community believe that this innovative work will bring Toontown to new heights, and perhaps give us the power we need to push the Cogs off our streets for good.
On that note, I need to get back to work. Now that the Silly Meter is in full operation, there is a great deal of research to be done! The other Loony Labs scientoons will keep you posted throughout the week as the Silly Meter rises. I'll see you in Toon Hall!
March 6, 2019 [ttr-live-v2.4.0]
• The Silly Meter has come to Toontown! This is a large-scale change that required adjustments to many pieces of the game. Although we have tested thoroughly, there are always bound to be issues that appear. We will be monitoring the community for feedback and bug reports, so please let us know what you think!
• Fixed a district reset related to Trolley Tracks.
• NPCs will now specifically tell you if you need to finish your ToonTask before grabbing a new one.
• Fixed several bugs related to dynamic audio tracks, such as the main theme music.
• The Silly Meter has been completed by the Scientoons at Loony Labs! Check out Toon Hall to see the festivities.
• Defeat Cogs, play games, and have fun to generate Silly Points! Most activities will generate more points with other Toons.
• An all-new ToonTask has been added to Toontown! The Scientoons are more than happy to teach Toons about how the Silly Meter works. To start, simply talk to any Scientoon in Toon Hall.
• A new page has been added to the Shticker Book, containing the Silly Reader and a Loony Labs brand clipboard for tracking Silly Stats. You’ll be granted access to this page when you complete the new ToonTask.
• When you’ve unlocked your Silly Reader, you can join one of three randomly selected teams to put your Silly Points towards! The team with the most Silly Points when the Silly Meter maxes out will have it’s reward applied to everyone in Toontown.
• Click on the “Silly Meter” button in the top right corner of the screen at any time to quickly check on the Silly Meter’s status after you’ve unlocked your Silly Reader. Once you’ve read this panel, it will be hidden until the next Silly Meter phase change. Don’t worry, all of the info can be found in your Shticker Book.
• Clicking on the Silly Meter itself will bring up the same Silly Meter Panel. Handy!
• The Toon Hall building has a received a fresh coat of paint, featuring a new color scheme and increased details.
• The interior of the Toon Hall has been redone as well to give Flippy a new office, and a space for the Silly Meter.
• As the Silly Levels build higher, the Silly Meter will move more frantically, gain extra bits and bobs, and the music in Toon Hall will become more intense!
• Surrounding the Silly Meter, you can find Doctor Surlee, Professor Prepostera, and Doctor Dimm. Talk to them if you need help with the Silly Meter!
• For a limited time, you can also find C.A.K.E. Team members Professor Purrview and Doctor Fumbdound checking on the Silly Meter’s status. Loony Labs has all hands on deck!
• Made various improvements to Flippy’s Office compared to how it previously appeared in Toontown Online.
Playgrounds and Streets
• Toontown is more alive than ever before! Street Props such as Fire Hydrants, Mailboxes, and Recycling Bins have come to life. Give Toontown’s newest residents a warm welcome!
• When the Silly Meter is nearing its peak, Street Props will grant a temporary speed boost to Toons passing by. Zip down the street faster than ever before!
• Toontown's street signs will now update from time to time for special events.
• While Silly Levels are rising, Street Props will assist in battles on the street. Enjoy an instant boost to Gag effectiveness!