Introducing the Winter Laff-o-Lympics
Posted by Franz Neckvein on December 28, 2018 at 3:30 PM
Shape up, Toons! Ze Winter Holidays may be winding down, but ze Cogs don’t stop their business, ja? Let me see those muscles! How far can you throw a Wedding Cake in a pinch? Not far with that flimsy forearm! Your arms, zey are like teensy tiny rubber hoses! If I could, I vould give all of you my ten-week training course in Big Weight lifting, but zere’s no time for zat. Ze new Winter Laff-o-Lympics begin on January 1st!
Toons in Toontown are getting too weak for zere’ own good! "Give me ze governmental position, Flippy!", I pleaded. But zere were no seats left for Franz Neckvein. Instead, zey assigned me as coach for an event back by popular demand: Ze Laff-o-Lympics! If I can’t get zese Toons into shape myself, zey vill do it themselves!
But zats’ not all! Zese Laff-o-Lympics vill be… a teensy bit different. Zis time, there will be an extra Team Competition! Zat’s right, we’ve split all new Toons into two teams, battling it out for which one can earn ze most Laff point rewards.
Vat? You do not understand my vey of speaking? Your ears are as vimpy as your arms! Just read zis pamphlet from ze Toon Council. I'll be back.
How to Participate
The Laff-o-Lympics have taken a completely new form! Here's the rundown of how to participate, with a few changes from the original event. These changes will also take effect for future Laff-o-Lympics:
- Each Laff-o-Lympics from this point on will have its own theme! This event's theme is The Winter Laff-o-Lympics.
- The event will officially begin on December 31st at 9:00 PM Toontown Time (PST), and end on February 1st at 11:59 PM Toontown Time.
- ALL Toons created prior to the event may participate, providing they are either 15 or 16 laff. Any Toon starting with more than 16 laff will not be considered eligible.
- Toons will earn rewards for themselves by reaching Bronze, Silver, or Gold status based on the amount of Laff Points earned before the event ends (requirements listed below).
- In addition to individual rewards -- Toons will also join a team based on the species they choose. The team with the most Laff Points earned will receive a huge reward for all participants above 50 Laff Points!
Every Toon who reaches the Bronze, Silver, or Gold milestone regardless of their team will receive the rewards listed below.
- Bronze (50 Laff) - Receive a bronze medal shirt and 3000 jellybeans!
- Silver (100 Laff) - Receive a silver medal shirt and an exclusive SpeedChat phrase to show your glory!
- Gold (115 Laff) - Receive a gold medal shirt and an exclusive Toon Nametag style!
Each milestone will receive the previous milestone's rewards in addition to the listed prizes. The medal shirt rewards are not the same as the gold medal shirt given during previous Top Toons contests or the original Laff-o-Lympics.
Joining a Team
Here are the two competing teams for the Winter Laff-o-Lympics. To join a team, just create a Toon with the species listed for your favorite team after December 31st at 9:00 PM Toontown Time (PST).
TEAM HOT COCOA
Featuring Cat, Crocodile, Deer, Monkey, and Mouse! Making a new Toon as any of these species will automatically join Team Hot Cocoa.
TEAM MILK & COOKIES
Featuring Bear, Dog, Duck, Rabbit, Pig, and Horse! Making a new Toon as any of these species will automatically join Team Milk & Cookies.
In addition to the individual prizes, the team who has the most total Laff Points earned will get a bonus prize! To be eligible for the bonus prize, you must have at least 50 Laff Points before the competition ends. The bonus prize contains:
I'm back! You like the rewards, ja? Zese medals aren’t just any old medals, my Toony friends! Zey shine, zey sparkle, zey are positively winter themed! Best of all, zey won’t be available anywhere else.
Ze event begins on December 31st at 9:00 PM Toontown Time. Go bust ze Cogs, complete your ToonTasks, and WIN! Together, ve will be stronger zan ever before!