Posted by Sir Max on September 1, 2018 at 11:30 AM
Glub glub glub? No, that's not it. Swish swash? That's not right either. Bubble bubble toil and trouble? Eh, that's close enough! Sir Max here, reporting that fish noises are hard to sound out. You may be wondering why I'm trying to sound out fish noises, or better yet, why I'm writing this underwater. Keep reading, friends, because we have a new update to discuss!
First off, let's talk about the whale in the water: What I'm doing writing a blog post from underwater. Nay, it's not to spot any seahorses or search for the shoe I lost. (If you find a missing shoe in Donald's Dock, please contact me.) Instead, it's to listen to the new works of the Toontown Symphony Orchestra!
As many of you know, Toontown is filled with all sorts of music. But where does it come from? Who composes it? Is the album available on iToons? It's best not to think about those things and just enjoy it, which is exactly what I'm doing with this new underwater music!
Hold your breath for just a little while longer, because that isn't the only tweak coming to Toontown! Most of the Toon Troopers are busy working on prepping for the big celebration opening later this month, but I've been working the new Troops to the brim to crank out some widely requested features and fixes. I'd read them all to you now, but it turns out paper and water are not good friends.
Instead, you'll have to settle for this list of changes below that are coming TODAY to Toontown. We hope that you enjoy this little update, and-- GAH! Running out of oxygen! TOODLES!
September 1, 2018 [ttr-live-v2.2.1]
• Fixed a bug allowing Toons to press the button to teleport to a District that they're already in.
• Fixed a typo in Loony Louis’s ToonTask dialogue. Let us know if you see any other typos in task messages!
• Fixed one of the most commonly reported crashes, which occurred when entering a new area.
• You can now adjust the level of detail (LOD) by adding "lod-distance" in your settings.json file. Setting this to higher values will make Toons higher quality from a distance! 0 is the current default, and you can try 1 or 2 for longer distances.
• Improved various Toon animation based on community feedback. Thanks for the bug reports!
• Toon heads will now smoothly transition forward when falling asleep.
• Shadows will now squash and stretch with certain Toon animation, just like they used to in the earlier days of Toontown Online!
• Fixed a bug from our Rerigged project that caused Toon pupils to appear pixelated.
• Converted all Toon species heads to our internal Rerigged pipeline with miscellaneous fixes and enhancements.
• Just as we did last month for Toons, we have moved the Cogs over to our brand new rigging system. This allows for us to create new Cog animation in the future.
• Made various fixes and enhancements to Cog and Skelecog appearances.
• Updated the Mover and Shakers’ attacks with a better shaking effect during battle.
• We've heard your feedback and reversed the anti-macro changes made to Doodle training that were unintentionally bothering fair players. Please be aware though, that using bots or macros to play the game for you is still not allowed by our Terms of Service!
• Adjusted the size of the Polar Place sign on the tunnel in The Brrrgh.
• Add new underwater music for Donald's Dock and Acorn Acres. Let us know what other areas of the game you'd like to see new music!
• Helped prevent accidental teleporting with a new prompt that appears when teleporting out of Cog Facilities.
• Adjusted Sellbot HQ spawn locations to fix issues with appearing in the ground.
• Fixed a visual bug when unlocking Sellbot Factory doors.
• Fixed an issue causing the barrel collect sound to play repeatedly when re-entering a room.
• When grabbing a jellybean barrel in a Cog Facility, you’ll now be shown how many beans you collected.
• Grabbing a gag barrel will play a unique sound depending on the type of gag being received.
• Added various preparations for the upcoming ToonFest event on September 19. Stay TOONed!
• Added new SpeedChat phrases that will be active during the event.
• Decreased the volume of the "Hype Train" interactive furniture prize.