Celebrate Toontown Rewritten's 8th Anniversary!
Posted by The Toontown Team on August 20, 2021 at 5:30 PM
Eight whole years. That's a lot of time to be without a game -- a town -- that you've grown attached to. Yet eight years ago today, that's what the future looked like for Toontown Online. For some, their Toontown journey had only just begun. For others, the game had been with them for much of their lives. But together, we all had to give a sendoff in just one short month to a virtual world that had defined many of our lives...
Of course, the Toontown community is nothing if not vigilant. In just that one short month, folks from the community banded together, and after a post on the MMO Central Forums, Toontown Rewritten was born. Eight years later, we've had a lot of ups and downs -- but we're still here together as a community! On September 19th 2021, we'll be celebrating Toontown Rewritten's eighth anniversary in-game with a carnival like no other -- Toontown's Cartoonival!
September 19th may have once been a depressing end, but not anymore! After experimenting with a little system called the PlayLine, Toontown Rewritten was able to open its doors to all the Toons of the World. Without paying so much as a cent, thousands of Toons were able to return to Toontown once more! As they say, the rest is history. Today, we host the Cartoonival to celebrate all that we've got!
What is Toontown's Cartoonival?
The Cartoonival has a little bit of everything! From classic carnival prizes to Toontown's famous antics, there's no party quite like it. And don't forget Riggy Marole, the host with the most and self-proclaimed Emcee that keeps the whole event running!
What Happened to ToonFest?
You're probably thinking of the in-game ToonFest. The Cartoonival is a rebranded and spruced-up version of that event! After a fateful encounter, Riggy Marole needed a new name for the place. Thanks to the Toontown community's votes a new name was decided -- Toontown's Cartoonival! After some shipping delays last year, the new branding will be shown off for the first time this year.
What happens during the Cartoonival?
On September 19th, the Cartoonival kicks off with a series of blog posts by our very own Riggy Marole to keep you entertained and in the Toontown spirit. Here's a little synopsis of everything that the celebration has to offer:
- Over in Acorn Acres, you can enter the Cartoonival Event Grounds to join the fun.
- Enter the silliest area in Toontown with a giant Merry-go-Round, (Jelly) Bean Bags, and plenty of activities to keep you occupied while chatting up with friends.
- A grand fireworks spectacular lights up the sky every three hours with a nostalgic Toontown melody, and if you come a bit early you'll be able to catch the sunset!
- Earn "Cartoonival Tokens" to buy special items, accessories, and even two unique Toon colors -- only available once per year!
- Meet the fleet of Token Takers, noted by their world-famous mustaches. You can’t miss them!
- Stop by and talk to Riggy Marole, the wackiest rabbit in town who acts as the emcee extraordinaire of Toontown's Cartoonival! Riggy's also got some fresh lines this year, so be sure to check them out!
- Work together to dunk Cleff, everyone’s favorite pie-loving duck from Minnie's Melodyland, in the Duck Tank! The more you dunk the duck, the more prizes you earn!
What is there to celebrate?
Toontown was supposed to close eight years ago, yet it's still alive and well today! With thousands of daily active players and lots of new content in the works, the Toontown community has proven that this is a game worth keeping.
Every September we take time to "Rewrite" the past with this event. What used to be the saddest day in Toontown's history now marks the beginning of Toontown's greatest celebration. Instead of a loss, we can remember a revival!
Of course, the Toontown Rewritten Team is hard at work to make sure that Toontown stays around for years to come. We're currently heads-down working on some very exciting stuff. We won't have much else to talk about regarding that until it's ready to go, but it'll be worth the wait!
We hope that you're excited to celebrate Toontown Rewritten's anniversary with us, and we sincerely thank you all so much for helping us make Toontown what it is today. Now that you've gotten to question us, we have one more for you:
Are YOU Toon Enough?