Doctor Fissionton's Bug Bash
Posted by The Fissiontons on February 26, 2018 at 2:30 PM
Hello again, Toontown! I'm sure you don't recognize us without three question marks in lieu of a name. Allow me to introduce ourselves: The name's Doctor Fissionton -- joined by my associate, Doctor Fissionton. Perhaps you saw us in the news last month.
They do realize that we're two Toons, don't they?
That's only a matter of how you look at it. I'd say we're the same Toon.
Now you're just going to confuse them!
As a Toon scientist, I discovered the existence of Silly Particles with the assistance of the C.A.K.E. Team. That was in another era, of course. Since then, we've been studying silliness for longer than our own existence, and the discoveries we've made are spectacular!
They come, however, at a cost.
Don't be so morbid! You'll scare them.
I think the real person I'm trying to scare is myself.
The plan is already in motion. We must do this.
We've been putting together a "Final Plan" - a plan that we believe will bring Toontown to silliness levels that have never been seen before. A plan that will lead Toontown to a future that even we can't predict! To get there, we're going to need your help -- and, of course, the help of a certain Doctor Surlee.
I wonder if this will really bring him out of hiding.
He's been waiting for the perfect chance to meet us. I say we give it to him.
I can't imagine he'd pass up on the opportunity.
After all, you know he doesn't trust mailboxes.
We know that we need to earn your trust. As parents always say, "Don't trust two identical scientists detached from time itself!" Luckily, our research has just the thing to get this push of silliness started.
As we continued to inspect the molecular structure of the Tooniverse, we discovered teensy little bugs, causing a significant drain on silliness! Even at their tiny size, they've been the source of countless minor annoyances, sapping Toontown’s overall silliness levels.
Shall we name a few of the ones we've squashed?
Hmm, what would make them most excited?
Perhaps the window will no longer crash when minimizing it.
That's good, but what about eliminating flickering on doors and shadows?
Aha! But you're missing the real kicker to rise silliness like never before.
A bug squash almost over two years in the making.
A fix for those Apple Toons to finally hear the sounds of Toontown again.
The increase in Silly Levels around town will lead to something big. And, perhaps, finally lead Doctor Surlee out of hiding once again. Last month's ripple lasted days, and if our predictions are correct... Well, you'll know it when you see it.
Remember what we told you to tell Doctor Surlee. By our calculations, we'll be seeing you again in a few days.
February 26, 2018 [ttr-live-v2.1.4]
• Updated engine with various stability and performance improvements.
• The time has come! Audio should no longer cause the game to crash while playing on macOS. We’ll be turning both sound effects and music back on by default, so let us know how it goes! If issues continue, please contact us at [email protected]
• Minimizing the game will no longer cause a crash.
• Fixed a crash related to enabling and disabling sound effects on all platforms.
• General fixes have been made to the way Intel Integrated Graphics are handled, which should lead to greatly improved visuals on low-end machines and laptops.
• Fixed longstanding bug which caused doors to flicker black when viewed at a distance.
• Doors will no longer slightly change color when opened.
• Fixed a bug causing the Party clock to not load one of its sounds properly.
• Players should now earn the correct amount of Laff points from racing trophies.
• Fixed crashes that occurred when removing some items from the mailbox.
• Added preventative measures to combat Doodle training bots and macros. We're looking into ways to improve Doodle training to eliminate the need in the first place!
• Fixed a crash relating to Toons blinking.
• Fixed a crash relating to Cog battles.
• Fixed various crashes related to the Maze Game, Treasure Dive, and Ice Slide.