Toon Name Guidelines
The Toon Council uses an extensive set of guidelines when approving names to make sure they all fit the Toontown lifestyle. All Toon names must fit the following guidelines to be approved:
Names can't have personally identifiable information.
First names are A-OK, but please refrain from including other personal information in your Toon's name!
- Unacceptable: Jane From California, George Williams
- Acceptable: Jane, George
Fictional names are allowed, but not if they could be confused with real people.
To avoid anyone's real name becoming a Toon name, we only accept names that are easily recognizable as fictional.
- Unacceptable: John Galt, Carl Fredricksen
- Acceptable: Kylo Ren, Dipper Pines
Save romance for the real world.
While you may love your special someone, it's not necessary to broadcast to the entire Tooniverse.
- Unacceptable: Wife, Boyfriend
- Acceptable: Friend, Father
Don't describe personal relationships.
Putting personal relationships in a name is just like advertising your own personal information. You've gotta keep it private!
- Unacceptable: Jane’s Cousin, George’s Mom, Karen's Friend
- Acceptable: Robby’s Puppy, Henry’s Watch
All names must be family friendly.
Strong language and inappropriate references are strictly prohibited anywhere in Toontown.
- If you can't say it in SpeedChat+, chances are you can't have it in your name!
Don't put yourself down!
You shouldn't call anyone names, even yourself.
- Unacceptable: Dumb Dog, Stupid Cat
- Acceptable: Nice Dog, Marvelous Cat
Avoid political references.
To avoid controversy, we do not allow political matters to be in names.
- Unacceptable: Obama, Parliament, White House
No diseases, disorders, or references to death.
Names need to be kept in good taste. Avoid anything too gruesome in your names.
- Unacceptable: Bipolar Bunny, Murder Mouse, Dead Dog
- Acceptable: Grim Reaper, Ghost
All references to movies, books, myths, or media must be family friendly.
People of all ages play Toontown, which means your name should be something they can see!
- Acceptable: Captain America, Zeus, Darth Vader
Trademarked and Copyrighted Names
Your Toon name can't be a celebrity, band, sports team, or copyrighted brand.
We don't want to have to team up with Legal Eagles to defend your name! Ideally, we'd like to fire them from a cannon.
- Unacceptable: Elvis Presley, Red Sox, Macintosh
- Acceptable: Elvis Impressley, Blue Sox, Quackintosh
No real names of Disney characters or Toontown NPCs.
Identity theft is no joke!
- Unacceptable: Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Lil Oldman
Don't pose as Toontown developers or community officials.
- Unacceptable: Resistance Ranger Sally, Toontown GM, Officer Jenny, Admin Mike
- Acceptable: Sally, Jenny, Mike
No Cog-like names.
A happy Toon is a healthy Toon, and you can't be happy with a name like a Cog.
- Unacceptable: Yesman, Level Twelve, Cog In Disguise
- Acceptable: Metal Cat, Robot Dog, Evil Rabbit
Punctuation and Grammar
Don't use sentences.
We recommend that you tell someone your sentence rather than using it as your name.
- Unacceptable: I Like Kitties, Bunnies Are The Best
- Acceptable: Kitty Love, Best Bunny
Numbers are only allowed in limited quantities.
The Name Generator can only process so much at once!
- Unacceptable: Eight Six Five, Ninety Nine Thousand Cars
- Acceptable: Bunny Two, Sir Alvin The Third
Use appropriate punctuation only.
Please don’t put punctuation where it doesn’t belong!
- Unacceptable: Kit’ten., Dog.gy, Mister-Max
- Acceptable: Mrs. Barbara, Dr. Michael, Top-Notch
Don't be spammy!
Here in Toontown, Toons enjoy sensible nonsense, not unintelligible nonsense.
- Unacceptable: Ooo, Prriinncceess, Asdfghjkl
Use vowels in your name, and in proper locations.
This makes for complicated communication.
- Unacceptable: Nvwls, Jvmie, Gexrge
Names can't be over four words.
Novels are for books, not name tags!
- Unacceptable: This Is Too Many Words
Names can't be empty.
An empty name isn’t much of a name, is it?
Names can only use letters.
Numerals and symbols don't belong in a name!
- Unacceptable: M1ch43l, ^_^
Don't merge words that are too large.
Names that consist of merged words need to be 15 characters or less, and can only contain two combined words total.
- Unacceptable: Thehappydog, Princessprincess
- Acceptable: Princesskitten, Ravenpaw
You may be a pig, but don't use latin!
Pigs can speak English perfectly well in Toontown.
- Unacceptable: Ethay Astfay Atcay
Only simple, short, and appropriate foreign language names.
Unfortunately, the Toon Council doesn't speak every language, and we've gotta make sure they're all appropriate.
- Unacceptable: Katze Der Dunklen Nacht, Le Chien Vraiment Rapide
- Acceptable: Nacht Katze, Chien Rapide
Don't put a website in your name.
The Internet hasn't been invented by Loony Labs yet, don't give them any spoilers!
- Unacceptable: Toontown Com, Disney.com
No variations of the above rules
The Toon Council is made up of smart Toons, and they can see through your disguise!
- Unacceptable: Yekcim Esuom, Goontown TM